Dimmer switch wiring problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-21 22:58:40 - last edited 2021-12-01 07:06:36
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've installed a couple of these switches in my house, but ran into a problem with one... There are 4 switches in the box with the line load wires all connected together. I ran a wire from that bundle to the switch but there's no power going to the switch. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Dimmer switch wiring problem-Solution
2021-11-22 05:48:54 - last edited 2021-12-01 07:06:36

Hello@JeffMcc 

May I know is the model HS220? If 2 way dimmer switch does not get power, please check the Neutral wire on HS220.

Correctly wiring HS220 requires at least 3 lines in your electrical box:  1*Live wire, 1* Load wire, 1* Neutral wire ( white or a bundle of white wires secured with a wire nut. ) 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/hs220/#video

May I know it is 2 way environment, one switch to control 1 light, if still does not work,please help attach photo of the wiring of tp-link and the old switch there, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Dimmer switch wiring problem-Solution
2021-11-22 05:48:54 - last edited 2021-12-01 07:06:36

Hello@JeffMcc 

May I know is the model HS220? If 2 way dimmer switch does not get power, please check the Neutral wire on HS220.

Correctly wiring HS220 requires at least 3 lines in your electrical box:  1*Live wire, 1* Load wire, 1* Neutral wire ( white or a bundle of white wires secured with a wire nut. ) 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/hs220/#video

May I know it is 2 way environment, one switch to control 1 light, if still does not work,please help attach photo of the wiring of tp-link and the old switch there, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Dimmer switch wiring problem
2021-11-22 14:16:10

@Solla-topee thanks for the reply. Yes, you're right about the dimmer model and yes it is a 2way switch. I initially tried to connect two smart dimmers but in the photo you can see that I've tried installing just one. Unfortunately it still doesn't work even after confirming that the wires are well connected.  The other switches next to the smart switch work fine, and I confirmed that the smart switch does work after installing it in another location. Any suggestions would be welcome! 

Options
Re:Dimmer switch wiring problem
2021-11-24 02:47:42 - last edited 2021-11-24 03:19:43

Hey @JeffMcc thank you for the photo of wiring, I'm not very familiar with the wiring that 2 switches connected together, we would like to know how the old switch are wired, at the same time escalate your case through email, please check your email inbox later. 

Anyone who has a clue, welcome to leave your comment below, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 811

Replies: 3

Related Articles