Kasa EP10 not working with Alexa sometime after 2:00 AM 12/7/21

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 21:56:52
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I know there is a pinned post to document complaints about Kasa plugs working with Alexa, and that people are posting to it with the latest problems, but I am going to squeak here also in case that pinned post from ~3 years ago isn't noticed by the folks at TP Link. While I'm unsure if the problem lies with TP Link or with Amazon, I hope TP Link can solve the issue.

I have 4 EP10 plugs. All work fine with Kasa app. None work with Alexa anymore. This happened sometime after 2 AM PST on 12/7/21, as my Alexa routine to turn off some lights on 3 different Kasa EP10 units worked fine at 2 AM.

I tried doing a soft reset on one of my EP10 units by holding power button for 5 seconds, and setting the EP10 up again with the Kasa app. No luck. Still works with Kasa app, but no love from Alexa. I also reset all of my internet devices (Netgear cable modem & router, 3 Eero wifi units) but no help. I've got latest iPhone iOS and Alexa app.

Somebody updated something at Amazon or TP Link/Kasa overnight and screwed things up. Hope they fix it soon. Integration with Alexa was the reason I bought the EP10s last month. Without it, they are not useful to me. I don't want to have to maintain and control routines in another app.

Kasa EP10

US/1.8 (from back of plug)

Hardware 1.0 (from Kasa app)

Firmware 1.0.2 (from Kasa app)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa EP10 not working with Alexa sometime after 2:00 AM 12/7/21
2021-12-08 08:22:16 - last edited 2021-12-08 09:12:11

Hello@Adaminski 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is confirmed that the recent incident was caused by an Amazon Server outage on Dec,7. Please check thread below for more details: 

[ Announcement ] Kasa Devices Affected by Amazon Servers Outage on Dec 7, 2021

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 1

Related Articles