This Article Applies to:
KP125(US) 1.0 ( Kasa devices that support Apple HomeKit) ;
IOS version Kasa APP
KP125 ( supports HomeKit ) can not be configured in Kasa app, errors out 'Unable to Add Accessory'.
Please check out FAQ first to learn How to set up your HomeKit-supported Kasa devices (KP125) .
At the step of scaning device QR code, try to scan on the device itself. This is a step required by Apple and can not be bypassed.
1. Factory reset KP125 every time before you try to configure it in Kasa app
How to factory reset: press and hold the power button on the right panel of the plug for about 10 seconds until the LED flashes amber rapidly to factory reset the plug.
2. Move iPhone/iPad and the KP125 closer to the router.
3. Disable the VPN on iPhone/iPad during the setup.
Note: if the VPN is enabled on iOS device, a 'VPN' icon will show up on the top, make sure there is no such icon.
4. Make sure your phone is connected to the router's 2.4g WiFi.
If your router's 2.4g and 5g WiFi share the same SSID, set different names for 2.4g and 5g WiFi.
5. If you still can not configure the KP125 via Kasa APP, try to use Apple Home APP to configure it again.
On the Home APP, click the '+' icon>>'Add Accessory' to add the device.
6. Try an Android phone to reconfigure the plug if possible.(optional)
7. Try to change the 2.4g wireless channel to a fixed one like channel 1, 6, or 11.
If you still failed configure the KP125 with the iOS device, please help provide information below and email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with tittle [ Forum ID 514776 + Description] , we will have a specialist to follow up your case:
1) Model of the router.
2) A Screenshot of the error message.
3) The WiFi LED status.
4) The MAC address of the plug
5) Kasa APP version.
6) If ever tried an Andriod phone to configure the KP125