HS105 Brand new - trying to connect for the first time) fails to connect or be recognized

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 Brand new - trying to connect for the first time) fails to connect or be recognized

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-26 17:53:52 - last edited 2022-01-04 06:09:15
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: HS105(US)

Brand  New HS105 does not connect with network.  Device sits there with blue-orange lights blinking.  Device is within 10 feet of router.  I have reviewed TP-Link Community for solutions and have tried several - no solution found.

1.  Device Model:  HS105(US)

2.  Model Version:  HS105(US)

3.  Firmware Version:  V4.13

4.  Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app:  No - never connects to show as a device on Kasa App

5.  Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App: NA

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS105 Brand new - trying to connect for the first time) fails to connect or be recognized-Solution
2021-12-31 17:00:37 - last edited 2022-01-04 06:09:15

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the response.  However, I figured it out myself.  Here is what I did:

Using my phone, I found a network that I had not seen before that included "Kasa" in its description.

I attempted to connect from the Kasa App and got a message that allowed me to "reset the network".  

After I reset the network, I used the Kasa App and was able to connect to the HS-105.

Problem solved!!!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS105 Brand new - trying to connect for the first time) fails to connect or be recognized
2021-12-30 07:56:17 - last edited 2021-12-30 07:56:36

Hello @RS88 

sorry for the late reply. May  at which step the set up failed and how the WiFi Led status on plug at that time 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If set up failed to connect to router Wi-Fi at latest step 

- Verify WiFi router password 

- If router use WPA3, try to set WPA/WPA2-AES 

- Always turn off VPN on the phone during kasa set up

- Try to set up using a different phone if you have one. 

May I know the model of router, the model of your phone and its Andriod or IOS version as well, thank you. 

Options
Re:HS105 Brand new - trying to connect for the first time) fails to connect or be recognized-Solution
2021-12-31 17:00:37 - last edited 2022-01-04 06:09:15

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the response.  However, I figured it out myself.  Here is what I did:

Using my phone, I found a network that I had not seen before that included "Kasa" in its description.

I attempted to connect from the Kasa App and got a message that allowed me to "reset the network".  

After I reset the network, I used the Kasa App and was able to connect to the HS-105.

Problem solved!!!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HS105 Brand new - trying to connect for the first time) fails to connect or be recognized
2022-01-04 06:11:18 - last edited 2022-01-04 06:12:15

@RS88 The default Kasa Smart _XX should show up after factory reset, and phone connects to that Kasa SSID so APP could find kasa device. 

Glad to heat that you sorted it out, thank you for sharing the case solution here. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 3

Related Articles