Votes

Longer auto off timer for smart actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-19 06:22:43

A normal off timer can go up to 24 hours before shut off.

The auto off timer for smart actions only goes to 189 minutes(3 hours)

Please implement the longer timer in the smart actions auto off timer.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Longer auto off timer for smart actions
2022-01-20 05:37:12 - last edited 2022-01-20 05:37:44

Hello @TheOrganicRobot 

Thank you for your feedback with Smart Action Auto Timer

Can you describe the  scenario, like how do you want to use Auto timer with longer time range?

Could Schedule feature of kasa device work as the workaround? Thank you. 

Options
2022-01-20 14:54:20

@Solla-topee Hello!
For my specific scenario, I have a water distiller for my humidifier that I use with a timer. The distiller itself has an auto off function when it runs out of water, but that creates hard scaling at the bottom of the container. So what I do when I start my distiller is set an auto off timer for 4 hours, and it will turn off the distiller before all the water is evaporated.

If I had a smart action that said "When the plug for the distiller turns on, turn it off after 4 hours" then that would be great! As it stands, I can do that action, but I'm only limited to 3 hours, or 180 minutes. What I have to do then is pull out my phone, open the app, select the device, select the timer, set the time, and tell it to turn off after 4 hours. 

The functions are the exact same, except one does it automatically with no hassle, and they both have timers, but one is WAY shorter. Unfortunately per your suggestion, a Schedule feature will not work because I don't have set times that I want to distill water.

Options
2022-01-21 07:38:16 - last edited 2022-01-21 07:38:38

Hello @TheOrganicRobot 

Thank you for sharing the detailed scenario! Now I understand better with what you're trying to achieve, we will record your feedback and forward to related team for further evaluation. 

If any user has the same request, please comment below with the model  and share the scenario as well, thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 473

Replies: 3

Voters 1