Switch will only connect intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 00:41:55
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

My smart switch is installed and set up. It is listed under smart switches on my Kasa app, however it is grayed out most of the time and displays the error "Device Unreachable Your device may be powered off or out of network range". Occasionally the switch will connect and I will have a short window where it will allow me to turn it on or off from my app. My Alexa in the same room has "connected", but has never been able to turn the light on or off and says that the switch is unresponsive. It has a power supply and allows me to turn it on or off manually, and is only about 10 ft from my router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch will only connect intermittently
2022-02-09 06:29:16 - last edited 2022-02-09 06:30:48

Hello @ams2022 

Thank you for reaching out to us, may I know how about the led status on kasa device when issue occurs, is it flashing green or red? 

For the kasa device unstable issue, you could try some suggestion here: 
1. Make sure the kasa device is receiving good Wi-Fi signal:
Kasa app-> Device Settings-> tap router Wi-Fi symbol->  signal strength (value of the dBm)
(40dBm- 70dBm is good to average, less than -70dBm is relatively poor : relocate smart devices or router closer to each other)
2. Please confirm kasa device firmware and kasa APP version are up-to-date 
3. Ensure smart device is connected to main router directly, not through AP or extenders
4. You could try to change a different 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi channel on router and see if that helps 
5. Turn off Advanced wireless settings like Wi-Fi Optimizing (Channel Optimizing)/ Band steering( Smart Connect )/ Mesh feature etc

If the concern persist, can you help confirm some information to locate the issue: 
1. The Router model:  
Does smart device connect to router directly or through extender nodes in a mesh system? 
2. How about the LED on smart device when issue occurs,
The  frequency of the issue:
3. Can you control the kasa device locally (when phone connected to home Wi-Fi) when the issue happens? 
4. MAC address of the kasa device (please share via private message)

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1