KC400 SD card not overwriting old recordings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 18:17:12 - last edited 2022-02-11 18:18:45
Model: KC400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.7

I recently set up a KC400 camera and installed a Sandisk 256 GB Class 10 / UHS 1 microSD card. I have 24/7 recording enabled, and it's been doing just fine over the past month until now when it's run out of storage. I expected it would overwrite the oldest recordings but instead it's done nothing and no new recordings are being made. I've gone into the app and attempted to re-format the microSD card without any improvement. Checked the firmware and reinstalled the app on my phone without result as well. Any ideas as to why it isn't overwriting as expected? Or, given that it isn't, I can't reformat the SD card to free up space?

Device Info:

Camera: KC400, Hardware 1.0, Firmware 2.3.7

SD Card: Sandisk SDSQUA4-256G-GN6MA

App: V 2.36.0 Build 1035

Options
6 Reply
Re:KC400 SD card not overwriting old recordings
2022-02-14 07:04:45

Hello @dsh15 

Thank you for your feedback 

• Please verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software and share a photo with us 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2592/

Confirm the SD card capacity is supported by camera: 

NOTE: back up important files before run the test

Confirm Tapo APP and tapo device firmware are both up - to - date

If still the same issue,can you please help provide some information here: 

1.  a photo of SD card

2.  a photo of H2testw test result 
Do you mean you could format the SD card in the APP successfully but when the capacity is full, it stop the recording again? 

Options
2022-02-18 04:04:11

@Solla-topee 

Here's the H2testw results and an image of the microSD card. Again, that's a SanDisk 256GB microSDXC card. It should be compatible as listed on the help article. The firmware and app are up to date with versions listed as in my OP. Any other ideas? I don't want to have to pull and manually format the card every couple weeks to be able to keep recording.

https://imgur.com/a/9EQ3rTP

Options
2022-02-22 06:15:57

Hello  @dsh15 

Thank you very much for more case details, we would like to escalate your case through support email TKID220215497, please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
2022-07-14 01:50:46

I have the same SD cards - SanDisk 256GB microSDXC, installed in 5 cameras.  All 5 cameras stopped recording to the SD cards at the same time, even though I installed the cameras and SD cards at different times over a 2 month period.  I had no problems until now.  The oldest camera had been recording 24/7 for months.  I likewise suspect a firmware push killed the recording capability.  How do I fix this?

Options
2022-07-14 04:24:42

@VKB 

Unfortunately I don't have a reproducible way to fix this issue - got distracted with other projects and after a power outage suddenly the camera which wouldn't loop record now would without any other changes. Pretty bizarre because I don't recall "have you turned it off and on again" working for it before the power outage and it took a while to find out if it would actually keep recording.

Options
2022-07-15 08:44:12

Hello  @VKB 

May I know the model of your kasa camera, can you also try some suggestions requested above so we could help take a further look at it, thank you 

To follow up your case I'd also create a support email for your as well, kindly check your inbox. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 744

Replies: 6