Strip Light Resets when Moved in Google Home App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-12 17:31:36
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I can discover, connect to, control, and customize the light strip no problem. It will remain connected and obey voice commands sent via Google Assisant. It is connected to a 2.4GHz network, but 5GHz is enabled for this SSID as well should a device need/prefer it.

AS SOON as I move the light into a "Home" and subsequently whichever Room in that "Home" (you do this all in 1 swoop in the Google Home app) the device instantly resets itself, goes unresponsive in the Kasa app, and begins blinking for setup.

I factory reset twice and have removed and re-added the device probably 9 times now. I've got 3 HS105s that are exhibiting the same behavior as this KL430 but let's focus on the KL430 for now. Worth noting that my HS100 and 2 KL130s are working fine. All my APs are Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHDs.

d96f6ca05e594f0999445614e83d8797

26c7bfdd3fb94703a6c8d4f9327bda6e

I've tried renaming the device as well, but no luck. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Strip Light Resets when Moved in Google Home App
2022-02-14 07:53:55 - last edited 2022-02-14 07:56:10

Hello   @PootedOnEm 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 

May I know how about the LED status on the Kasa device when issue happens? 

• You could create a Guest Wi-Fi network or isolated Wi-Fi network and connect Google Home speaker to Guest Wi-Fi and see if that helps.  

At the same time, may I know the 1)  model of Google home device  2) model of router and network topology: e.g router model XX<wireless> 3*UniFi UAP-nanoHDs<wireless>tapo camera 

To better assist with the concern, I would like to create a support email for your case, please check your inbox later. 

Options
2022-02-14 22:24:38 - last edited 2022-02-14 22:26:33

@Solla-topee Thank you for your email! I just replied with the requested information.

To clear things up for anyone looking at this in the future: my Google Home speakers aren't involved in this issue. This issue occurs whenever I move a Kasa KL430 or HS105 in the Google Home app. So, say, from the Kitchen to the Dining Room. The device resets as soon as I relocate it in the GH app.

I have high hopes we'll solve this one, though, as support was quick to reply and reached out directly to ask a series of very relevant questions. Thanks Kasa team!!

Options
2022-02-22 06:18:47

Hello  @PootedOnEm 

Thank you very much for providing more case details!  I escalated your case through support email TKID220215534. 

I notice our seniors are requesting some further information there on the email to help resolve the issue, you could reply on that email to discuss further, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 3

Related Articles