Smart Actions on Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-17 20:45:51

Good Afternoon,

I recently purchased several HS200 switches with the plans to use the smart actions from the app for cloud only.  I do not have a tp-link router and only plan on using the app.  Is there any update as too when smart actions will be available on the app?  I am wanting to program the switches to turn off after a period of time after being turned on.  I also plan on purchasing other Kasa devices for around my home but would like to have the ability to use the smart actions first.  Is there any update for this feature?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Actions on Kasa App
2022-02-18 02:31:25

Hello  @Lkirby541 

Smart Action has been supported by Kasa, please check below instruction for details: 

Common questions about Smart Actions in the kasa app

If you request other features, kindly explain the scenarios or how do you like to use the smart action, thank you.  

Options
2022-02-18 04:50:24

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for that info.  I have seen that and have the required devices however in the app when I go to smart actions the info thing that displays  is " we are in the process of deploying smart actions" and does not allow me to proceed from there.  

Options
2022-02-18 04:56:18 - last edited 2022-02-18 04:58:08

Hey –

This limit of no more than three enable Smart Actions is absolutely RIDICULOUS!

(If I'd purchased my car from you would I only be able to drive 3 miles before it quit?)

I’ve just purchased 6 cameras (KC400s) and I’ve got my house filled with Kasa smart switches, all of which I want to interconnect with the cameras’ motion detection turning on the lights.

I go to add the fourth Smart Action in the Kasa smart phone app and I get a pop-up that tells me “At the moment, only 3 Smart Action scan be enabled at the same time.”

THAT IS NOT "SMART" - IT IS JUST PRETTY (darn) DUMB.

I read online that this is because it is a test of their performance.

Hey – the testing started years ago (answer was provided on the tp-link forum October 2019).

When will I get to use all my cameras and all my switches?

Or do I rip them all out and return them to Amazon* and switch to another vendor?

*They will get to tale them back because they advertise using the cameras with the smart switches with no mention of this ludicrous 3 Smart Action limit.

I was planning on setting up all my kids’ houses with these kinds of thing and thought Kasa cameras and switches and the Smart Actions would be just the ticket for all of us.

Options
2022-02-24 19:06:56

@Kdericson 

Yes orginally the limitation was due to the service being new and the focus on adding compatiblity across the brand. Also they wanted to see how well the servers handled the smart action traffic. While now its more of how to expand while keeping the cost and load down.  I do not have these answer nor do i think they will come anytime soon.  There are work arounds though.  For instance using Alexa or Google Assistant routines or linking Kasa to the SmartThings app.  Each of these can allow similar responses as the smart actions provide while providing an expanded service until we can effectivily and effieciently expand it in the Kasa app. 

Options