Votes

can hs210 white circle indicator be "illuminated when on" as opposed to "illuminated when off"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

can hs210 white circle indicator be "illuminated when on" as opposed to "illuminated when off"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-04 01:39:25 - last edited 2022-03-04 16:53:59
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.02

Hi TP-Link,

I have a HS210(US) and a regular switch in a 3-way configuration for my porch light and it is working great.

I am able to operate it with the Kasa app as well as with Home Assistant 2022.2.9.

By default, the white circle LED indicator is set to be "illuminated when off" like a night light.

It seems that in Home Assistant (but not in Android) we can entirely disable the white circle LED indicator, but that's not what I want to do.

I would rather be able to set the white circle LED indicator to be "illuminated when on" like a pilot light.

Or, a different way to do what I want, would be if we could control the on/off state of the LED independently of the on/off state of the switch, as opposed to entirely enabling or disabling the LED according to the on/off state of the switch.

If none of these are currently possible, would you please submit my suggestion to the developers.

Thanks! :)

Options
3 Reply
Re:can hs210 white circle indicator be "illuminated when on" as opposed to "illuminated when off"
2022-03-04 16:53:30 - last edited 2022-03-04 16:53:59

@nappula 

the LED indidcator is desinged to give you a point of reference to find the switch in a dark room.  As such it doesn't have any customizable features for its use.  Some switches currently do offer an LED control but that is only to disable the light enitrely, not change how to use it.  We would be happy to move your post to our commmunity suggestion section and forward it to the design team for review.  

Options
Re:can hs210 white circle indicator be "illuminated when on" as opposed to "illuminated when off"
2022-05-22 23:04:17
It would be great to be able to control the brightness of the LED indicator, rather than just on/off.
Options
2022-07-18 19:32:00

@InsteonIsDead,

Thanks for the feedback, I  am working on passing this along to the team as I could see this being an extremely useful feature if control is given to that light.

To add to your idea, I think it would be a clever idea for future products to offer this ring light as an action for automation so that a user could see if a light timer was running or if something else in the house was active.

As a side note, I am also a HA user so I am curious...How does turning off the ring-light work in HA? If its a simple state change you could be able to use automation to reverse the status of the light. If the light also likes to change its own settings, you could create an automation that is looking for the state change and then correct it.  Otherwise, I would not be surprised if you were able to control this feature using either the POST commands or via MQTT in HA. To my addon idea above -  In Home Assistant I think the lights would be smart way of indicating that my Alarmo System is running.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.