Smart Plug Energy Demand and Switched State Triggers for IFTTT

2022-03-06 20:12:09
Model: Kasa
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hi, I would like to request that the Kasa - IFTTT integration have an added trigger enabled.  The trigger would take advantage of the energy monitoring capabilities of the smart device and would allow the IFTTT recipe to trigger when a current power draw is exceeded, then wait for a time after the power draw returns under the limit before another trigger notification would be sent.

My use case for this includes two Kasa Smart Plugs, where I have one next to my water heater in the garage and the plug controls power to a hot water recirculating pump.  The house plumbing has been set up to keep the kitchen tap with hot water while the pump is on.  I would set up the second smart plug under the sink, powering the dishwasher.  While I would not cycle power to the dishwasher using the plug (btw, a setting to disable power cycling would be great too), I would gather it's energy usage.  I would gain the desired outcome with the following two IFTTT recipes:

Recipe 1:

- IF [Kasa Smart Plug] : Energy Demand on [Dishwasher Connected Plug] Exceeds 50W with a [30 minute wait for reset]

- THEN [Kasa Smart Plug] : Switch [ON] the [Recirculating Pump] WHEN [now]

Recipe 2:

- IF [Kasa Smart Plug] : [Recirculating Pump] has turned [ON]

- THEN [Kasa Smart Plug] : Switch [OFF] the [Recirculating Pump] WHEN [after 4 Hours (if state remains unchanged)]

Recipe 2 could be handled in other ways, with maybe an inverse of recipe 1, but just giving the example which might have more community use cases.  I think many people could take advantage of an energy demand trigger withing IFTTT, for example, to send them a push notification when a large amount of power is being used.

Options