Kasa Smart Switch will not restart, reset, or respond to Kasa app, but it works manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Smart Switch will not restart, reset, or respond to Kasa app, but it works manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 22:51:30
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This is a wall mount switch with no dimmer. I cannot tell version without uninstalling. Kasa app says "Device Unreachable. Your device may be powered off or out of network range." The illuminated ring is on.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Switch will not restart, reset, or respond to Kasa app, but it works manually
2022-03-22 00:52:43

Hello  @Pafanucius 

It seems the switch is offline from wifi network, you could factory reset it and reinstall the smart switch on your phone

Please download Kasa Smart APP on the phone and add a new device.

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

How to set up my TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa?

Options
Re:Kasa Smart Switch will not restart, reset, or respond to Kasa app, but it works manually
2022-03-22 15:20:16

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your suggestion, however factory reset does not work.

Options
2022-03-28 03:01:19

Hi   @Pafanucius 

Apologize for the delay, please confirm you could turn on / off light when  manually press the switch.

After factory reset and reinstallation, at which step the set up failed and the error message? How about the wifi led after reset, and after set up failure?

Please check if FAQ here helps: 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 981

Replies: 3

Related Articles