Devices Disconnecting From Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-27 14:59:27
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Everyone.

I have recently reworked my entire network and as I have worked out the last few bugs, I have run into something that I am not able to figure out.  I have a bunch of smart switches that I have put on their own VLAN for performance and security reasons and once the DHCP lease is up, the devices will disconnect from the network and are not able to reconnect on their own.  If I power cycle them, they do not have any trouble connecting.

For testing purposes, I set the DHCP lease to expire every 10 minutes and then I power cycle every device.  In my firewall, I can see each device receive a new DHCP lease as soon as it reconnects to the network, and once the lease expires, I can see a new lease but the device is disconnected.  When I go to the logs in my AP's, I can see the device disconnect and the next message indicates that the client is unable to obtain an IP address.  It shows as connected to the AP, but no network.

I have made every configuration change possible on the AP's like turning on/off all the different radio frequencies, changing channels, changing the authentication method (WPA2, WPA3, etc) and have had no luck.  Interestingly, the 3 way kits that have 2 smart switches never disconnect but the ones with one smart and one dumb switch always disconnect.  Also, the HS200 (non dimming) seem to never disconnect also.  

Everything is current on firmware.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I can add all the network particulars and firewall setup if y'all think it would help.

TIA,

Don F.

Options