Kasa Smart Switches Keep disconnecting from WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-07 14:23:24
Model: HS200   HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey guys,

I know this topic has been talked about on this forum and many other forums but I truly and about to rip these out of my wall and toss them in the trash. I really like the quality and construction of the Kasa products and ease of set up in the Kasa app and Alexa but I have had it with the content disconnecting from my router. Sometimes multiple times a day. Here is a little info on my router:

Linksys EA9500 router

Separate 2.4GHZ SSID

Band steering ONLY on the 5GHZ bands. There are 2 bands.

I've tried every recommended "solution" and nothing works. I have a bunch of other 2.4GHZ smart devices on my network and I've never had a problem with any of them. It's so strange that all the Kasa devices go out at the same time. Makes me think it's something with the app but I've uninstalled and reloaded the app. Not sure what to do ther than get rid of the Kasa stuff and go with another brand.

Thanks in advanced for any ideas on what to try.

Thanks,

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Switches Keep disconnecting from WiFi
2023-03-09 01:35:00 - last edited 2023-03-09 01:35:39

Hello @Sig_Al 

thank you for reaching out to the community. 

May I know when did you purchase the switches, and how long they have been worked with the same Wi-Fi router?

If they've been worked fine, was there any firmware update or any settings was changed on this router?

You can try some tips here that should help increase the stability.

-What should I do if my Kasa device (smart plug, smart lighting) keeps losing connection or going Offline?

- To minimize the possible effect on Wireless interference,  it is recommended to create a Guest Wifi network and link the kasa devices to a 2.4Ghz Guest network

- Try to turn off the Band steering in the Guest Wifi , this feature can make your device automatically roam from  a different Wi-Fi band and cause some trouble

If you own a different AP or router, to isolate the issue you can also hook smart devices to a different AP and see if that helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 1

Related Articles