Feature Request - Maximum Brightness Setting On Dimmers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-16 17:25:24
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

@Carl 

I, and from I can tell many others, would deeply appreciate a "Maximum Brightness" setting for our dimmers.  Something that would allow us to software configure a maximum brightness level that can be obtained at the switch or via voice command.  Example:  Lets say I want to set a bulb to a maximum of 80%.   Now whenever a switch is turned on, brightness button pushed, or voice command used, that maximum would be as high as that light can go.

Lots of benefits here:

* Reduced energy consumption

* Problem bulbs are more stable

* Bulb longevity could be increased

* Unacceptable brightness levels are accidentally introduced into area's unwanted.   Sleeping baby, etc.

Thanks Carl!

-d

Options
2 Reply
Re:Feature Request - Maximum Brightness Setting On Dimmers
2022-06-16 22:11:38

@dafish 

Sure. can't say if its something that will add but we will add this request to the report for June and have it forwarded to the development team.  

Options
Re:Feature Request - Maximum Brightness Setting On Dimmers
2022-07-18 19:38:22

@Carl Agreed, this would be a fantastic idea and also solve any issues with the light flashing once at 100% brightness. This needs to be implemented, other branded dimmers have this feature as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 2