LED Strip KL400L5 Losing Connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-18 18:04:05
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a KL400L5, but it does not show on the dropdown list!

Hello
My device KL400L5 keeps losing the wifi connection.  I get the "Device Unreachable: Your device may be powered off or out of network range " error multiple times a day for the last month or so.  The only way to reset it is to unplug and plug it back in, and then it only works for a short time.
To test the network, I have plugged in a outdoor plug (EP40) next to the light strip and it works perfectly.  The network strength for the EP40 is -45 dBm.  When the KL400L5 does work, it shows the same network strength of -45 dBm, so I know the strength of the wifi signal is not the problem.  Something is causing the KL400L5 main unit to stop receiving the signal multiple times a day and the only fix appears to be power cycling that only works half the time and then stops.

Options
3 Reply
Re:LED Strip KL400L5 Losing Connectivity
2022-06-20 01:33:38

@SKSJedi 

Thank you for the feedback, If smart light strip keeps goes offline, here are some tips that you could try 

• Please ensure Kasa device firmware and Kasa APP are both up to date
  • Turn off Advanced Wi-Fi settings on the router like Band Steering (also called ‘Smart Connect’ or ‘Whole-Home Wi-Fi ‘), Wi-Fi Optimizing or ‘Channel optimization’ etc.
  • When an issue occurs, does the smart device work in the local network?

For a test, connect your mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network at that time and see if Tapo device is still accessible in the local network?

If smart device is still accessible in your home wifi network when issue occurs, it could be related to the DNS settings or router firewall settings, you could adjust DNS to 8.8.8.8 for router and adjust some firewall settings. 

For a test, try to connect your KL400L5 to a Guest Wifi network or mobile hotspot wifi and see if it could work stably. 

2. MAC address of the device

If still the same, can I know 1)  the model number Wi-Fi router and your network topology: e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> smart device

2) MAC address of smart device ( please share via private message)

Options
2022-06-20 19:06:03

@Solla-topee 

Sending a private message with MAC address.

For the record,

Firmware is up to date on app and device

"Smart connection" has always been turned off at the router.

I am unable to ping the device at all on the local network.

I have not done a test for mobile hotspot connectivity as of yet.

Please note that I have 15 other Kasa Devices hooked up to a dedicated 2.5 network with no issues.

Network Topology:

ASUS RT AX3000 (main router in AI Mesh node)

Two Asus RT AX55 as AIMesh routers.

The KL400L5 is located 30 feet from one of the AIMesh routers, and the signal it puts out in the entire area near there is better than -55 dBM.

I have had the EP40 plugged into the same outlet as the power strip and have had no network issues with it for 48 hours of testing.

The only way to get the KL400L5 to reconnect is to power cycle it.

Thanks

Options
2022-06-21 06:25:42

Hello   @SKSJedi 

Thank you for providing more case details, we created a support email TKID220621962 and escalate it to the seniors to look into that further, please check your email inbox. 

Feel free to let us know how it goes later, thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 676

Replies: 3

Related Articles