Activity zones not working, Kasa KC420WS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-13 00:56:26
Model: KC420WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

Hello,

I just installed this camera a few days ago. I live in an area with a busy sidewalk and have manually configured activity zones to not go near the sidewalk yet I am getting alerts all day for people detection. I would really like to only receive alerts of someone coming up to my door. I have tried unplugging the camera, tried rebooting my modem, tried removing and re-adding the device as well as the activity zones. This is really annoying and is making me want to return the product. Please advise.

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Activity zones not working, Kasa KC420WS
2022-07-14 02:00:02 - last edited 2022-07-14 02:17:42

Hello   @Hey_Lizzie 

Thank you for the feedback.  Here are some suggestions to help reduce some alerts. 

•  Adjust Activity Zone and avoid the area that has frequent movements  e.g. Exclude the area with light changes  like sunset/sunrise, Leaves waving in the wind etc.

• Set Camera Sensitivity to Low

• Try to adjust direction or position of camera and avoid to point camera to the busy public areas like busy streets, lanes etc.

In your case, you could adjust camera the direction and avoid the sidewalk area. 

Options
Re:Activity zones not working, Kasa KC420WS
2022-07-14 02:21:36

@Solla-topee Thanks for the suggestions, I've already tried all of those. I have a custom activity zone set and anything outside of it still triggers alerts. Sensitivity is at 1 and there is no sound alerts turned on. It's alerting me from the whole angle and not the zone I specified.

Options