Installation Issue - Only 1 black, 1 white, and 1 ground in the wall box.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 19:45:49
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought the single-pole HS220 and when I went to install it, I found there is only 1 black, 1 white, and 1 ground in the electrical box.  (The old dimmer, which was flip switch with a slider, only used these 3 wires.  It did not split the line and load.)  

Can I install the HS220 with just 1 black wire, 1 white and 1 ground wire connection?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Julie

Options
1 Reply
Re:Installation Issue - Only 1 black, 1 white, and 1 ground in the wall box.
2022-07-25 07:09:06

Hello   @jjswan80 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Correctly wiring HS200 requires at least 3 lines in your electrical box: 1*Live wire, 1* Load wire, 1* Neutral wire, 1*Ground Wire (optional)
(NOTE: If No Neutral Wire is present, HS200 can Not be installed )

From your description, it is possible a neutral/Load wire is missing in the wall socket to be able to install the HS200, or it's not a two-way environment. You may seek help from an electrician and see if they could help to adjust the wiring in your house. 

Here is HS200 installation video for wiring for reference. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1004

Replies: 1

Related Articles