ES20M - LED dimmable bulbs flash off and on one time after reaching full brightness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ES20M - LED dimmable bulbs flash off and on one time after reaching full brightness

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-30 00:58:47

I have an ES20M feeding one light fixture with 2 bulbs. When the lights turn on and reach full brightness they flash off and on very quickly just one time.  I have experienced this with the fader on or off.

I have tested and have the issue with the two following bulbs:

1.) Home Depot Ecosmart LED Daylight A19 dimmable 60w replacement clear glass bulb model 1002 459 555

2.) Walmart Great Value LED Daylight A19 dimmable 60w replacement clear glass bulb model UPC 0 78742 01045 8

I have two other Ecosmart bulbs that do not exhibit this issue, but they are frosted glass which I do not want to use in this fixture.

I realize this probably points to the bulbs as being at fault - but i was hoping there was some setting tweak that could be made to stop it. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:ES20M - LED dimmable bulbs flash off and on one time after reaching full brightness
2022-08-02 02:41:38

@Faster 

ES20M dimming type is TRIAC based as its Datasheet. You may check the dimming type of the light with bulb support and see the bulb is able to work with a Triac dimmer.

The ES20M only supports dimmable incandescent and LED lights based on TRIAC and leading edge ( forward-phase-control) while it doesn’t support lamps based on PWM(pulse width module) or ELV(electronic low voltage)dimming.

• You could also try an Incandescent bulb
  • Try to set dimming calibration for the dimmer switch and see if it helps. 

What is Dimming Calibration and how it work?

Options
Re:ES20M - LED dimmable bulbs flash off and on one time after reaching full brightness
2022-10-11 07:28:21

Solla-topee wrote

@Faster 

ES20M dimming type is TRIAC based as its Datasheet. You may check the dimming type of the light with bulb support and see the bulb is able to work with a Triac dimmer.

The ES20M only supports dimmable incandescent and LED lights based on TRIAC and leading edge ( forward-phase-control) while it doesn’t support lamps based on PWM(pulse width module) or ELV(electronic low voltage)dimming.

• You could also try an Incandescent bulb
  • Try to set dimming calibration for the dimmer switch and see if it helps. 

What is Dimming Calibration and how it work?

@Solla-topee 

Do "LED lights based on TRIAC and leading edge ( forward-phase-control) " actually exist? Where do I get them?

Options