KL110 Becomes Unresponsive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-27 21:50:21 - last edited 2022-08-27 21:51:52
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

I have 4 of these bulbs.  If I do a factory reset, then I am able to add the device to my network, but the device becomes unresponsive.  I believe these bulbs need a firmware update, but I cannot complete it before the device becomes unresponsive.  Is there a way that I can update the firmware while still in setup mode?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KL110 Becomes Unresponsive
2022-08-29 01:54:32

Hello  @Mark-in-OC 

Usually, Kasa device will receive a firmware update at the end of setup process in the Kasa APP when device has connected to the Wifi network. 

If you can not complete the setup process, please check what's the error in the APP and try some suggestions in troubleshooting FAQ here.

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Make sure VPN is OFF on the phone. 

You could also try to connect the kasa device to a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi or a different AP and see if you could finish the setup and update firmware for the device.

If still the same, you may let us know at which step the setup got stuc, and share a photo error in the app and we could take a further look at it.   

Options
Re:KL110 Becomes Unresponsive
2022-08-29 17:58:09

@Mark-in-OC,

Another thing that may allow you to proceed with the device configuration is: When the Device becomes unresponsive after the initial setup, you could attempt to perform a soft reset of the configuration settings by only completing the reset process 5 times, compared to the 10 times for a factory reset. I do not know if will help, but It may be enough to kick your device out of whatever link it may be in. 

Also, try to make sure that you are giving your device time to connect to the network, update the firmware and restart, before resetting the bulb again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 2

Related Articles