Complex redirect using smart switches/ smart bulbs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-15 17:51:23
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a fairly complex question- appreacite any help folks have to offer.

Our hallway is wired incorrectly. There are two sets of three-way switches, but they don't correctly control the lights the way I'd like them to work.

Currently I have a pair of 3-switches, we'll call them 1 & 2.  They control ceiling lights A & B.  Also have switches 3 & 4.  They control lights C & D.  What I really want is for switches 1 & 2 to control A & C, and switches 3 & 4 to control B & D.  I'm willing to buy smart bulbs for the fixtures if I can figure out how to get the smart switches to control them correctly.  For example, I could see sending constant power to the fixtures (by hardwiring within the switch box, effectivly bypassing the switch) so that the smart bulbs have constant power- but I can't figure out how to make this all work together.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Complex redirect using smart switches/ smart bulbs?
2022-09-16 17:05:47

@SteelCity2020,

For more complex setups, it is always recommended to get an electrician, especially if you don't know the details of how your house is wired.

The Smart Switches are still going to try and only control the device to which they are attached, any other control would have to be accomplished as automation after the switch is pressed. I am sure that an electrician can find a way to connect the lights onto one switch, especially if they are in the same wall box

Options