Scheduled Dimming not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 02:48:47
Model: KL420L5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I like to set the dimmer to 30%

I programmed a timer that the strip turns on at sunset and off at 2am

All works great with the exception that then the timer turns on it goes back to 100% brightness.

Anyone has an idea to fix this?

Thanks, 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Scheduled Dimming not working
2022-09-28 17:08:29

@MikeSun,

We recently released a complete overhaul of the Kasa Application that is pushing to peoples devices now, the new automation controls should be able to easily automate what you are looking for. If i remember correctly, the old Kasa App had an option to set a state, rather than turn a device on. Otherwise, you could use scenes to set the brightness

Options
2022-09-28 23:51:36

@Riley_S 

Riley, thanks for your reply.  

Are you talking about the Kasa App?  The last Version on my Android OS I have is from Aug 10th 22.

Is there a way manually updating to the latest app?

Thanks, 

-Mike

Options
2022-09-29 00:00:50 - last edited 2022-09-29 00:02:16

@MikeSun,

As far as I know, there is no way to force the 3.0 Update to the Kasa App to appear for your account, but we are beginning to see many new users reporting that they are able to download the app. Don't worry, you're not alone, my personal Kasa App has not yet been offered the update either. I would expect that the update should become available to us over the next couple of days. Meanwhile, you can start looking at the new features by reading the featured story here: New Kasa 3.0 Update

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 3