How muchu power does the Kasa HS220 itself use?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 21:16:40
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have 3 Kasa HS220's. I recently installed them and was currious about the power useage of the switch itself since I know they use some amount of power all the time and want to estimate my electric bill. I appreciate the response and hope you all have wonmderful day!

Options
2 Reply
Re:How muchu power does the Kasa HS220 itself use?
2022-09-28 23:35:01

@TheGrimFew2,

According to one of the docs that I found, for the HS220 V1/2 the Standby Power Usage is Estimated at 1W and the Maximum Power Consumption is 4.6W 

Hope this helps situate your power usage, I have also just started looking for power usage of all my smart devices to try and get an idea of what uses the most power.

Options
Re:How muchu power does the Kasa HS220 itself use?
2022-09-29 04:54:47

@Riley_S  thank you so much! I really appreciate the info. It will really help me estimate my power usage. I was talking with an electrician friend of mine about not having a neutral wire and how hard it would be to run one. He told me that a grounded box can act as a neutral wire for anything 10W or less in case you ever need it, BUT it should only be a last resort.

Options