Allow alexa trigger routine on motion detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-13 08:31:05 - last edited 2022-10-13 08:32:50

Hi, is possible to have a trigger on motion detection on Tapo Cameras? It could be usefull, eg., to activate with a routine a smart light or plug or a vocal announcement if camera detects a movement.

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Allow alexa trigger routine on motion detection
2022-10-14 00:53:03

@DavideLorenzi,

This feature was actually just introduced to some cameras from our EU Tapo Product Line, right now it is limited to two models, but it looks like there are plans to grow this to other devices. Here is the post from our EN forum : Tapo Camera Smart Actions  - Keep in mind that the firmware AND models can differ greatly between regions. However this does indicate that the functionality has been recently added to the Tapo Application.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Allow alexa trigger routine on motion detection
2022-10-14 08:11:34 - last edited 2022-10-14 08:12:27

@Riley_S thank you for the kind answer! 

But I Haven a further question. Well done about Tapo app routine, but In Alexa app I can't see the "Motion detection" section in device description.

It has already been implemented/Is going to be implemented or is not going to be dòne? Just because all my automation Is based on tasmota sonoffs and Alexa voice alàrme. Thanks!

Options