Schedule times are incorrect after changing back to standard time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-06 17:18:54
Tags: #kasa
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.1.0

Hello,

I've been using the Kasa app to control several HS220 switches for the past several weeks and it has worked quite well. However, now my schedules are all off by one hour since the switch back to standard time. My phone shows the correct time and when I check "Device Info" for all the switches, they also show the correct "Device Time". But the schedules are all incorrect. 

For instance, in the schedule for one switch, I would like the lights to turn on each day at 6:45am. But now they turn on at 5:45am. In another instance, I wanted the lights to turn off at 9:30am, but the app turned them off at 8:30am. And in the future schedule list at the top of the Home screen, it shows that a particular switch is set to turn on the lights at five minutes after sunset, which in my location is 4:43pm today. Therefore, the app should be showing that the lights will be turned on at 4:48pm. Except that the app shows the time to turn on the lights is 3:48pm.

It took a significant amount of time to create the schedules in the app, so I would like to know how I can now get the app to respect the schedules I have entered and turn the switches on or off at the correct times that are listed in those schedules. I have already forced the app to stop, cleared the cache and restarted it, but that didn't solve anything. The Play Store also does not show any updates available.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Schedule times are incorrect after changing back to standard time
2022-11-07 02:46:44 - last edited 2022-11-07 10:06:01

Hello  @Greg33 

Thank you for reaching out to the community and  bringing this to our attention

• Please try to sync the time & selecting correct time zone in the Kasa APP. 
  • In Device settings> please confirm the time of kasa device is the same as your local time  (Skip if you've tested this)

You may choose a different time zone/ location in the kasa app and change it back to the correct time, will that makes any difference? 

Here is how to sync time in the kasa app: 

In the Kasa APP>tap  Me at the bottom of menu> Settings > Location and time 

At the same time to help us look into this further, can I have the photos of your schedule setup in the app, the model and OS version of your phone. Thank you very much 

Options
2022-11-07 10:18:29

Hi   @Greg33 

We've shared your feedback with the team, at the same time, may I know what is your time zone? Is it Central Standard Time or etc.? 

You may share some photo of  time zone selected in the app & device time settings with us, thank you in advance~

Best regards. 

Options
2022-11-10 12:21:20

Hello  @Greg33 

May I ask if the schedule works for you right now? It will be of great help if you could share a photo of device time & local time zone with us. Thank you. Feel free to let us know for any observations. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 314

Replies: 3

Tags

kasa