All my Smart Actions and Scenes DISAPPEARED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-10 19:11:13

All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE

My scenes are all gone today after opening the app. I am running 3.1.2 on ios16.1.1.

What happened?

This morning the shortcut worked. few hours later tried again got an error. opened the app and all scenes are gone somehow.

With one of the latest APP updates, creating new scenes has become a nightmare as I cannot multi select. So having to recreate all scenes will literally be the end of me.

Can someone please help?

Options
7 Reply
Re:All my Smart Actions and Scenes DISAPPEARED
2022-11-11 00:11:19

@Chancleta,

This is usually caused by a disconnect that happens between your device and our cloud systems. 

Does reinstalling the app from the app store bring back the settings? You may need to clear the documents and data relating to the Kasa app from your phone before uninstalling if simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Previously, this issue was quickly resolved on the backend systems within a day or two.

Do you have another device that you can log into your Kasa account from? Whether it be iOS or Android.

Options
2022-11-11 02:41:08 - last edited 2022-11-11 03:06:01

@Riley_S 

thank you for the quick reply!

I just deleted the app and reinstalled twice. Did not fix the issue. The scenes are still gone. When deleting the app on iOS 16.1.1 the message says that all for the data will also be deleted. 

also deleted via 

1. Go to Settings on your iPhone
  2. Scroll down to General
  3. Select iPhone Storage

Selected Kasa and deleted the app with all data. 

I do not have another device to try at the moment. 

any other suggestions?

Options
2022-11-11 03:25:33
I was able to get a hold of my wife’s iPad. Have never used Kasa on it. Downloaded the Kasa app and logged in. Scenes are missing. What could be causing this?
Options
2022-11-11 14:14:57

@Riley_S 

Something very interesting just happened. I tried creating a scene with a group, instead of the by individual device (see the other thread you are helping me with) and then all of a sudden all of my scenes returned.

Perhaps I inadvertently caused some refresh or resync by doing this? Or it is simply the most amazing coincidence in the world. laugh

Options
2022-11-15 20:50:22

@Riley_S 

This is not the solution, uninstall, reinstall, resync, recreate scenes, no these are all empty solutions.  None of this works and now have an entire home that is uncontrolled due to this 'update'.  Used both iphone and android, have tried all avenues -- I work in software development so im by no means lacking here..  What can we do to fix this before Im seeking restitution for my 45+ products powering my home.

Riley_S wrote

@Chancleta,

This is usually caused by a disconnect that happens between your device and our cloud systems. 

Does reinstalling the app from the app store bring back the settings? You may need to clear the documents and data relating to the Kasa app from your phone before uninstalling if simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Previously, this issue was quickly resolved on the backend systems within a day or two.

Do you have another device that you can log into your Kasa account from? Whether it be iOS or Android.

Options
2022-11-15 21:16:50

@BryanM @Chancleta,

We actually had an update to our internal docs today with links to a beta version of the application for a few behaviors that users have reported.

For Android

The latest version of Kasa is 3.1.1(1115)

Beta APP download link:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2022/202211/20221114/Kasa.3.1.1.apk.zip

For iOS

The latest version of Kasa is 3.1.2(1318)

Beta APP download link:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/PdPMSShC

While these beta versions line up with the current release, from what I can tell, the contents of the applications and features may be different. If the beta versions of the application do not fix the behavior, the beta app also includes a way to share the log files from your application directly with the development team. The more users that experience this app behavior and report their logs to the team, the quicker our development teams can diagnose and rectify any incompatibilities or problems.

If anyone else comes across this thread, please make sure that the behavior exists on the latest official release of the Kasa App before using the above beta versions, as we cannot guarantee any functionality or fixes when using the beta app instead of the official release.

Options
2022-11-23 11:52:42

Hello   @Chancleta 

May I know was the Scene back to normal? Feel free to let us know for any new observations, thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 719

Replies: 7