Kaza app works, not Alexa echo or google home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-15 23:22:37 - last edited 2022-11-21 03:16:24

I have a few Kaza smart switches stop working. I can use kaza app to control them, but alexa echo and google home both do not work. I already tried to unlinked and re-link  account but that didn't work. Not sure how else to fix this as some others are still working fine.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kaza app works, not Alexa echo or google home-Solution
2022-11-21 03:16:16 - last edited 2022-11-21 03:16:24

@RobertRobBob 

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. This has been fixed by the team. 

Please check the Alexa feedback on Nov 15, 2022 in below topic and try suggestions or provide additional feedback there,  thank you. 

[Solution] Kasa Devices Offline/ Alexa or Google Integration Broken on Nov 15th

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Kaza app works, not Alexa echo or google home
2022-11-16 00:45:06

@jjhung88 I am having the same issue today, it worked the other day.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Possible Kaza Server issue?

Options
2022-11-16 01:14:07

@MJK123 I figured it out. I delete the switch from kaza app, then delete the same device from alexa app. Go back to kaza app and reinstall the switches. As soon as you delete the switch from the app, the switch will blink orange and green. I just sat on my couch and patiently do this for the ones that are not working. Once successfully reinstalled to kaza app, the device will automatically populate to alexa app. When I go back to check Google home, they all work again.

Options
2022-11-16 03:13:38

@jjhung88 

Yes, several of us are seeing this.  Question of the day:   What in heck is going on with our configurations such that we're being forced to remove and re-install them?

Options
2022-11-21 01:51:49 - last edited 2022-11-21 01:53:43

@jjhung88   The solution to delete from the Kasa app and reinstall worked for me - but I didn't have to remove it from Alexa or Smartthings.

I have 32 devices.  About six of them demonstrated this problem - they worked in the Kasa app but I get "server unresponsive" in Smarthings.

Also in Smarthings, they show the correct status "on" or "off" - even if thet change - but the app can't command them.  Alexa with I get "device does not respond".

After removing from Kasa app and adding them back, they work across all platforms.

-Bob

Options
Re:Kaza app works, not Alexa echo or google home-Solution
2022-11-21 03:16:16 - last edited 2022-11-21 03:16:24

@RobertRobBob 

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. This has been fixed by the team. 

Please check the Alexa feedback on Nov 15, 2022 in below topic and try suggestions or provide additional feedback there,  thank you. 

[Solution] Kasa Devices Offline/ Alexa or Google Integration Broken on Nov 15th

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 341

Replies: 5