Control smart bulbs dimming with dimming switch via Smart actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 12:51:17

Hey folks,

When setting up Smart actions to turn on and off my smart bulbs with a dimming switch I noticed an option to control the dimming of the bulbs but only when the switch is turned on or off. I was wondering if anyone has configured their smart action to control dimming of bulbs with the physical dimming controls on the smart dimming switch? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Control smart bulbs dimming with dimming switch via Smart actions
2023-01-05 18:50:52

@Kpitocchelli,

Right now, it seems as though the physical interactions with the dimmer switch cannot be used as a trigger for Smart Actions. This is something that I am beginning to see a lot of requests for, especially when it comes to our motion triggered switches. I will try to keep everyone up to date if I hear anything new.

I do believe that this is currently a technical limitation, as the devices already released have no method of communicating with each other directly, rather they connect to the network. WIth the upcoming shift towards local protocols and networking, this functionality may be easier to implement once thee protocols are released.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 1