CES 2023: Kasa Smart Switches, Dimmers, and Controllers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CES 2023: Kasa Smart Switches, Dimmers, and Controllers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:CES 2023: Kasa Smart Switches, Dimmers, and Controllers
2023-09-28 09:29:10

Is there any update on this ks240 ?  Every switch in my house is replaced except these ceiling fans.

Options
2023-12-12 20:25:36

@MikeTaylor42 @Riley_S   Yep - waiting as well, MT42!  :) 

Options
2023-12-13 19:32:35

@zenace33 Appears to be vaporware at this point.

Perhaps they bit off more than...

Options
2023-12-14 19:16:27

@DrTek,

I think that it is more because of how the features supporting the device have been implemented. I think that the device will be slightly different than what you first saw at CES. Throughout the entire year, many of the latest releases from all manufacturers have been delayed or put off due to delays in the supporting protocols and systems - especially with the coming upgrades to Matter, Homekit, and even Wi-Fi.

I'm keeping an eye out for everyone, and will let everyone know if something is learned, in fact due to increased attention, I am already working with our team to see if we can provide an update.

Options
2023-12-21 17:51:59

@Riley_S 

Vaporware. Prove me wrong.

Options
2023-12-23 03:13:29

@Riley_S 

This is no way to treat your customers..... We've been in the dark for months now and you won't even give us any sort of hint about anything!

I seriously regret buying Kasa devices if this is how you're going to handle these things...

It's the same boiler plate response you've given everyone for the last year on every one of your posts...

I agree with @DrTek...

VAPORWARE!

Options
2023-12-24 16:03:21

@vyper144, Riley clearly isn't the product manager and it's extremely likely that he has no input on the product development and go-to-market schedule.  

As far as "vaporware," yes I COMPLETELY agree that it's absolutely ridiculous that CES 2024 is around the corner and it will have been an entire year since it was announced.  However, it's certainly not a fictional device as we can see that on 8/8/23 the FCC certified it.  

https: //apps.fcc.gov /oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Sum&calledFromFrame=Y&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=wqSEv0OUxDTqUM6SPmFcGw%3D%3D&fcc_id=2AXJ4KS240

With that done, I would really hope it's in larger scale manufacturing now and we'll see it soon. 

Options
2023-12-26 17:25:52 - last edited 2023-12-26 17:30:06

@56Oval,

The device most certainly exists, and our team has tested, used, and prepared support documentation for it. Unfortunately, what I may not be conveying properly is the fact that it was originally announced as a Matter-Compatible device - and the Matter compatibility did not even add support for Fan controls in October, well beyond what was expected/promised.

Because of this, things may have changed regarding compatibility and what services it may use, or it has been delayed to try and make use of the latest update to Matter. If the device had released when initially planned, it would have needed to ship with an incomplete feature set.

Also, I do work very closely with our Product Team, which helps bring these devices to the US in the best form/offering possible. Unfortunately, this sometimes results in delays when factors outside our control come into play, especially when a feature release gets pushed and pushed, preventing companies from releasing the devices or finishing the development of the device.

Unfortunately, due to factors such as this, or other devices not even seeing a US release - I avoid giving any kind of concrete release date until I can see or know that a release has or will happen, but I do try to provide accurate hints as to when a device may release - this just goes out the window when something gets delayed multiple times.

If you would like to be privvy to this sort of information in the future, make sure that you apply for our beta program where you could be selected to test the devices for our teams. If selected for a beta, you get to work with pre-release products and work closely with our QA team to provide recommendations / learn the limitations and changes made to devices.

Options
2023-12-26 18:11:56

@56Oval , @vyper144, @DrTek, @zenace33, @MikeTaylor42,

One last thing to add, that may be more intriguing/informative:

I have spoken with our teams, and I can for the first time, provide a approximate time for release. We believe that you can expect the device to be released at the end of January - provided there are no additional hiccups in the process.

The devices are ready, and the official release is actually waiting on CES 24', as the priority focus for the next two or three weeks will be our newest announcements rather than the launch and support of new products / models.

As for the development of Matter Devices, I plan to reach out to the appropriate team in charge of Matter development and learn more about the process and plans for future rollout - so that our team can better convey timelines or information on development to the community. If you have any additional questions, thoughts, or would like any specific insights into the development process, feel free to let me know.

Options
2024-01-04 19:14:16

@Riley_S - Thanks for the update. I'll be purchasing several!

Options