Problem with Traine Thermostat not staying online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 23:32:20
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have a Traine heat pump in my home and a Traine programmable thermostat model 4TWZ0060A1000CA.  I installed my Deco X20 with 3 pods in September of 2020 and put the thermostat onto the system about 4 months ago.  I haven't been able to keep the thermostat online for more than 2 days.  It goes offline, and when I go into the thermostats WIFI setup, it doesn't even show any SSID's at all anymore.  I have to completely reboot the entire heating system to get it back online.  The thermostat will then automatically re-connect.  I finally put the thermostat back onto my old WIFI router that I'm replacing with the DECO X20 system and it's been online for over 3 weeks.  The old Router is about 35 feet from the thermostat and the signal strength is far poorer than the signal strength of either Deco pod.

The thermostat is located within about 12 feet of one of the Deco pods on the same floor of the house.  It's about 15 feet from another Deco pod that is on a lower level of the house.  I did notice looking at the Deco management app that the thermostat does jump from one Deco pod to the other.  I was wondering if this is causing the thermostat to time out or something, and causing it to go offline and completely lock out the WIFI since it can no longer see any SSID's at all.  I thought there might be a way to lock the thermostat to one pod, but wasn't able to figure out how to do it.  The main Deco pod is beside the old WIFI router, about 35 feet from the thermostat.

Other than that, maybe there is another setting or even multiple settings that need to be modified to make the Deco compatible with this thermostat.  So far, everything else in the house is now working with the Deco system except for this, so after I get this to work properly, I can shut my old WIFI off.

Thanks for any ideas or help.

TeaMan

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with Traine Thermostat not staying online
2023-02-17 09:19:24

@TeaMan 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Have you tried to turn off "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for Traine programmable thermostat?

For troubleshooting purposes, please also test whether disabling fast roaming and beamforming under Deco APP>More>Advanced helps improve the connection quality of the thermostat.

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network (case 3)

Best regards.

Options
Re:Problem with Traine Thermostat not staying online
2023-02-22 23:12:22

@David-TP 

Thanks David. I have not tried turning off Mesh Technology. I will try that first when I have the thermostat on the closest pod, if that doesn't work, I will try the other two suggestions one at a time.  Thanks for the suggestions, they all make sense to try.

Much appreciated.

Options