HyperV disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HyperV disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HyperV disconnects
HyperV disconnects
2023-03-03 05:11:03
Model: Deco XE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220722 Rel. 58229

I have a wireless computer that has hyper v installed on it.  The problem I am running into is that after a bit of time, say a few hours, the virtual machines all loose internet connection.  I have to reset the virtual switch.  I though this was a problem with my computer so I formatted it and try it again.  i also tried setting up hyper v on another wireless computer and I had the same problem.  I then switched to another router and hyper v vms all stay connected to the internet with out any problems.  On the Deco app I am not able to see the mac address of the virtual machines but I am able to see them with out any problems when using another router.  I got this router as I thought it was a business class router but I now see that it is not.  I will be connecting the machines to a cable to see if the problem still happens to see if it is isolated just to wireless.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:HyperV disconnects
2023-03-06 06:25:48

@rfs830 Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Did the disconnection happen again on the Ethernet connection?

Did it make any difference whether the HyperV  VM is connected to the main Deco or satellite XE200?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:HyperV disconnects
2023-03-07 03:32:25

@David-TP   I have not had a chance yet to test it out on a enet connection but I will try that here soon.  I moved my laptop over to the second deco unit and the samething happened.  I think it has something to do with the routers software as i can not see the mac address in the app so I can set it up to get a static ip address.  I have tested this using a synology router and a travel router I use that is running openwrt.  Both are able to see the mac addresses of the virtual machines and I dont loose any connection in hyperv at all.  

I will be setting hyperv on another laptop next to see if it something with that laptop.  It is a 2022 MSI GS66 12th gen inte cpu that has windows 11 and a wifi 6e card on it.  I had it connected to boht the 5gig and 6gig network to see if that might be causing a problem.  I did notice that when I try to access files on the virtual machine, the speed is very very slow to the point that I could not have my file server working.  Due to using it all for work I had switched to using my other router at the moment but will do some more testing here soon. 

If  

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 238

Replies: 2

Related Articles