Kasa smart plugs "unreachable" with new WiFi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-12 19:34:35
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Yesterday, I had to retire my old wireless router and put a new one into service. I've got all my wireless devices communicating with the new router--except for my Kasa smart plugs. I have five EP10 plugs and one outdoor plug. When  go through the setup routine, I get an error message telling me the plug is "Unable to connect to your smart plug wi-fi." I have enabled Kasa to access my local network on my iPhone, which is active on the network, but the plugs will not cooperate. I am never given the opportunity to log them in to the wifi network. They all worked flawlessly with the old router. What must I do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa smart plugs "unreachable" with new WiFi router
2023-04-15 14:58:06

@Humann Hi, I was searching on this site for solution myself because I'm having the exact same problem, but I see that no one has responded to your post either. I spent about five hours to have a switch and two AC plugs configured, with no success. I even tried with two different iPhones, with no results. I even tried to use the old router as an extender, and while it works well with so many other devices, the Kasa products can't connect. Never had any problem before switching the Verizon G1100 with the new Verizon router. 

I guess I'll have to replace the three devices which are only few years old, but I'll try a different brand this time around.

Options
Re:Kasa smart plugs "unreachable" with new WiFi router
2023-04-19 07:28:37

@Peter555  @Humann 

Hi,
1. For this issue, please try to reset the smart plug to the factory default settings, and then reconfigure it.
How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

2. If the same error message(Unable to connect to your smart plug wi-fi) displays, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

3. If the problem persists, please confirm the following info.
1) The Model of your Kasa device, and send me the MAC address via PM.
2) The Model of your home router and detailed 2.4g wireless settings like encryption method, channel width, and wireless mode.
3) The Model and Operation System of your mobile device.
4) The screenshot of the error message.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 2