Kasa Smart Plug API?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Smart Plug API?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa Smart Plug API?
Kasa Smart Plug API?
2023-03-16 21:45:52
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.6

Hi,

I'm a hobbyist and need the WIFI API documentation for the Kasa Smart Plug HS103. I bought the 4-pack to try out. However, the only documentation I can find is about controlling this via the Kasa app, which is not applicable for my needs at all. I need to integrate this product into my own custom Arduino software for a project I'm working on. Where can I find the API documentation?

Thanks,

--JHoag

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Plug API?
2023-03-17 00:20:48

@jhoag 

TP-Link designs its Kasa and Tapo products as a closed system.  We have a few cloud-to-cloud integrations with the likes of Alexa, Google Assistant had SmartThings.  We even have some products that support Apple HomeKit and Matter integrations.  However, we do not provide our API.  It might be out in the 3rd party community ethos, but we cannot vouch for the authenticity of the material.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 1

Related Articles