unable to connect smart outlets to app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-17 01:52:58
Model: KP105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I can connect the 105 to the Tapo app, but I cannot connect to the Kasa app.  The Kasa app never found the device, so I downloaded the Tapo app and it found it right away.  I want to link my outlets to the Sence app.  Can this be done via the tapo app, or only via Kasa app?  

I uninstalled the tapo app, did a soft and hard reboot of the outlets and the Kasa app never saw them.  I reinstalled the tapo app and it found them straight away, and I can control them via the tapo app.  

Is there any way to get the Kasa app to find the outlets? Im using a Galaxy Note 10+

Options
1 Reply
Re:unable to connect smart outlets to app
2023-03-17 18:53:04

@Dalziel,

Tapo and Kasa devices are currently two separate ecosystems, which means that the devices cannot be set up in each other's app. There  is no official integration between Sense and either TP-Links Smart Home brands, so you would need to find what services could technically "bridge" your Kasa/Tapo Account to Sense, if there is any. However, energy monitoring is usually limited to the devices officially supported by the platform, meaning your sense app may only allow for sense devices.

Things are beginning to change with the introduction of the matter protocol and Tapos P125M, however the protocol is so new that there are very few devices have released that support it, and even fewer matter hubs that perform perfectly right now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1

Related Articles