Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet daily

Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet daily

116 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet daily
2023-06-06 02:02:52

andrewcburnard wrote

@Kevin_Z

I have the same issue as others have stated, the 1.2.2 update says that the router can not be downgraded ? why ? it seems like it would be a good ide to work out how to get back to 1.1.8 which for me worked well.

Thanks

Andrew

@andrewcburnard 

Basically, when there are significant modifications or changes in the newer version, it won't be allowed to downgrade to the previous version to avoid damage to the firmware.

You may try the beta firmware we provided in my previous post and monitor if the internet will become stable. But if you want to downgrade to the previous 1.1.8 version directly, our support engineers could help. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-06 02:04:47

ASainz40 wrote

@RickJamesBish Even worse, try having a tech reach out to you via email to tell you that the firmware wouldn't cause internet dropping. Anytime you make upgrades in firmware of software or hardware there are bugs. Unfortunately this one has a lot of bugs. I've never in my life heard from a technological standpoint that an update wouldn't make the router lose connectivity. That statement in itself is asinine. I have cameras that need to be running, they were crystal clear before and getting good connectivity now they're bugging out. TP LINK lets get a roll back please until you fix this bug! 

@ASainz40 Do you want to downgrade to the previous 1.1.8 version directly?

If that's the case, we will escalate your case to our support engineers and they will help with the downgrade.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-06 02:06:24

AdamPfromMN wrote

@krystal1 I rolled back successfully minus having to factory reset the router and set it back up due to at least wifi indicator light not lighting up.  Anybody know if the beta firmware has rhe bug fixes or does it just allow for downgrade?

TPLink, any eta on actual non-beta firmware?

@AdamPfromMN If you've already downgraded to the previous 1.1.8 version and hesitated to install the beta firmware, it's suggested to keep the 1.1.8 version and wait for the next official version.

Options
2023-06-06 03:04:21 - last edited 2023-06-06 03:12:07

Yes, I would love to have the 1.1.8 back. I am going out of town and my connection went out yet again midday. Note this is not a modem issue whatsoever. The modem always indicates that it still functioning properly. Please advise, TP Link has always been so good, I also have automated and remote smart switches installed throughout the house I need to communicate with. This has been an issue ever since (two weekends ago) since the update that rolled out. Thanks in advanced, this is the Archer AX55 router. I pay for 1GB and my ISP is Comporium. Everything is setup just the way it was on the router prior to the firmware update. This new update has different options on it and settings etc etc. For a prime example my Ring Chime devices that help with signal for my cameras couldn't be found by the router after the update of the router. My ring devices went offline as well as router. Router came back but my ring devices did not. I did alot of research and put my two chime devices mac address' in the DHCP Server and put the two devices in a reservation and WALLA the devices found the internet again. It was the most odd thing ever. I never had to do that before they connected easily before no problems. I am still not even sure why putting them in a DHCP Reservation why the device would finally connect to my internet. 

Thanks for reading I hope this is useful to anyone! 

Options
2023-06-06 03:16:04
I am having same problem since last firmware update! It's very frustrating and unless you do a backup before you update youre kinda screwed! Hopefully tech support can roll me the old firmware.
Options
2023-06-06 05:45:12

@ASainz40 

No worries. Our support engineer will help with the firmware downgrade. Please check your registered email box to proceed. Thank you.

Options
2023-06-06 10:49:10

@Kevin_Z 

Yes I would like to downgrade to 1.1.8 from 1.2.2. From the firmware update page on the router, I get an upload error if I try to do a local update.

Please send or even better publish instructions.

Thanks

Andrew

Options
2023-06-06 18:44:06

@andrewcburnard @Kevin_Z

I would like to second the suggestion to simply publish instructions for downgrading from v1.2.2 back to 1.1.8.  Why force your own engineers to keep repeating the same steps to everyone who's been having issues with 1.2.2, when you could just publish those steps and be done with it?

Options
2023-06-06 20:07:39

@Kevin_Z  

Options
2023-06-07 01:48:30

@Darnwall2000  @andrewcburnard  @ASainz40 

Hi,

I just updated my previous post and we provide the previous 1.2.0 official version for downgrade. Please download and install it on your AX55 to check if the issue will be fixed:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/609452?replyId=1213870

Options