How do I reset the camera password / TP Link ID verification?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-06 01:06:12
Tags: #TP Link ID
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

I forgot the password I set for one of my cameras and I would want to avoid having to re-set it up since getting it on my wifi was so hard. How do I reset the password? The UI tells me I need to verify my TP Link ID but I think it's verified already and I have no way to trigger another verification email anyways.

Can someone help me?

Options
3 Reply
Re:How do I reset the camera password / TP Link ID verification?
2023-06-06 01:06:51

@luckymethod I tried uploading a screenshot of the UI but the forum seems buggy

Options
2023-06-06 01:07:20 - last edited 2023-06-06 01:07:38

@luckymethod failed again. here is a link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/URAqyyLxL6vLeuzj8

Options
2023-06-06 09:23:21

@luckymethod 

Hi,
The page you shared shows that you want to change the camera password on the Camera Settings>Advanced Settings>Device Account page, and it asks you to enter your TP-Link ID and password to verify your identity, and then you can go Next page to change the camera password.

The TP-Link ID and password is the one you used to log into the Tapo app, and if you forget the password of the TP-Link ID, you can refer to the link below to reset the password.
Reset password

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 3

Tags

TP Link ID
Related Articles