Backhaul Message and WAN Message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 20:36:59
Model: Deco X90   Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

I have 4 Decos that make up my home network. I've had these set up for the last couple of years with no problems. I have 2, X90's, one of which is the main router that has been plugged in with the same CAT 5 cable since I set it up. 

The other 3 units, 1 X90 and 2 X68's, are being used as satellite units in a wireless mode. Again, no problems and no change in physical locations. 

For the last week or so, I am getting the following message on the X90 that is used as the router (plugged in from the ISP modem).

"Abnormal WAN port Speed. Please check your WAN port connection"

Nothing has changed. CAT is plugged in. No issues. 

I also get on the satellite X68;

"Ethernet backhaul speed is low. Please check your ethernet cable connection"

There is no physical cable connected to this unit. The app shows a very weak signal (again, nothing has physically moved and I always had a very strong signal on this unit). 

So, I have tried rebooting the entire system. I have unplugged the ISP cable into the main X90. I seem to be losing my ISP connection several times a day. I have to reboot the ISP modem. 

Any ideas as to what has changed and why I am now getting these messages even though I have had no change in my physical setup of this mesh system? 

Thank you. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Backhaul Message and WAN Message
2023-07-10 08:11:22

@Talon61 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Since the firmware of 1.2.o, the Deco APP has added a notice when the Ethernet link speed is below the expected link speed.

For the main Deco X90, I think you might connect the ISP modem to its 2.5 GHz port. If the internet bandwidth from ISP is lower than 2.5G, you might get such a notice:

"Abnormal WAN port Speed. Please check your WAN port connection". It would not hinder your actual bandwidth and This notification would be improved along with the firmware upgrade of Deco X90.

But for similar notifications on the satellite Deco X68, I haven't received such feedback before especially when it is connected via Wi-Fi.

Can I have a picture of the error on Deco X68?

And could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log here:

(Please add Community in the subject. Thank you in advance.)

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-10 13:26:18

@David-TP 

Hi David. Thanks for your input. 

I live in a rural area and only have access to wireless broadband that on it's best day is maybe 60-70 mbps so there is no way I could get near those speed requirements from my ISP. 

I just rebooted the ISP's modem along with all the Decos and the error message I was getting on the X68 in the family room locaiton is now gone. It also shows a strong signal. The app on my iPhone also looks as if it upgraded to a new version. Interesting. 

I am still getting the "Abnormal WAN port speed. Please check your WAN port connection" message on the main network page of the app. I'll just ignore it. 

I'll go ahead and submit the APP log as instructed. 

Thanks again. 

Options
2023-07-10 13:30:07
APP log sent. Thank you.
Options