How to reset Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Outdoor Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-07 21:44:41

We recently moved and want to reconnect our outdoor lights to our Kasa EP40 smart plugs. They seem to still be tied to our old wifi network and cannot connect to our new one.

I tried holding both outlet buttons down and got to the point of both lights blinking quickly between orange/amber and green. Tried the next step of holding the buttons down for 5-10 seconds to finish the reset. Nothing happened. 

Should I assume it is ready to connect to our new wifi network and go thru the set up phase?  Can I remove all the old data from my Kasa app?  If so, how?

Thanks for any help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to reset Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Outdoor Plug
2023-08-10 01:49:54

@GardenGirl 

The setup mode is initiated when the LED turns to blinking amber and green. To verify that, you may go to WiFi settings of your phone and check whether the Smart Plug default WiFi can be found, it will be a open WiFi network named as TP-LINK_Smart Plug_XXXX.

You may refer to the instruction here to reconfigure the device. How to set up my TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1709

Replies: 1

Related Articles