New Deco S4 mesh system connection issues with Amazon Firestick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-10 01:37:30

Installed a new Deco mesh wifi system. All of my devices connect to this system except for an Amazon 4k Max Firestick. Two other firesticks connect without issue. The 4k Max would connect to my old router and will also connect to a mobile hotspot. I spent over 2 hours with Amazon support and some communication with my isp but no solution. I have rebooted modem and router several times. I have tried guest network and 2.4 and/or 5GHz settings with no success. Any advice how to resolve or things to try? Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:New Deco S4 mesh system connection issues with Amazon Firestick
2023-10-11 06:56:31

@wtd1 

Hi, if the Guest Network is 2.4GHz only, without security, is the new 4k Amazon Firestick able to connect to Deco S4?

Please also confirm that "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" are disabled under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

If still not, would there be any error message when the Amazon 4k Max Firestick fails to connect to the Wi-Fi?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-12 14:39:28

@David-TP The Firestick will not connect to Guest network (2.4GHz and no security) with beamforming disabled. After several minutes of trying to connect the error message is "Wi-Fi Error" "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again."

Options
2023-10-16 11:38:12

@wtd1 

Thank you very much for the update.

I would like to follow up on your case via email, and then check with engineers to see whether there are any further suggestions.

Please check whether you can receive my email later.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 3

Related Articles