HS220 turn off and on

HS220 turn off and on

HS220 turn off and on
HS220 turn off and on
2023-12-18 03:32:48

I have 2 HS220 switches that was insanely 4 months ago, recently, they both have been turning themselves off and back on when the lights are on. Not sure what's going on since they worked flawlessly for about three months, the firmware is updated. Not sure what is going on with them... 

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS220 turn off and on
2023-12-19 22:35:26

@Bepps,

I would ensure that you have no automations or smart actions set for the device. Since you have a dimmer switch, you may consider setting it to a lower brightness and seeing if the behavior continues.

What Router are you connecting your Dimmer to?

What firmware version is the plug currently running?

In case the plug is rebooting, you may consider trying to connect the device to an isolated Wi-Fi network, such as your guest network.

Options
2024-02-06 05:02:24

@Riley_S 

Options
2024-02-18 01:31:55

@Bepps 

Hi,

I linked my smart switches to Amazon Alexa. Weeks after, the light started to turn off on it own. After some investigation, I found out Alexa has a function called Alexa Hunches. It basically "learns" your habit of using the lights and set up automation itself.

Just to give you an example, I turn off my lights every day during weekend days when I need to work at 10 pm. So Alexa has learned that I turn off lights at 10 every day. Then it set up a routine to turn of the lights at 10 on its own. So on Saturdays, I do not have to go to bed at 10, but the Alexa Hunch automatically turned the lights off.

In this case nobody was doing anything but the lights appeared to be turning themselves off. As soon as I disable Alexa Hunches in Alexa app, it never happened again. I remember you can also find a Alexa Hunches history in the app where it records when it does what.

Hopefully this is a help to you.

Options
2024-02-21 02:05:29

@Bepps 

Same problem here, except I didn't make it 3 or 4 months. Maybe two or three weeks at most, before the first of my four switches first acted up. (Lights randomly going off, though switch was still on.) Now, they all appear to screw up at will, but individually.

Tonight, 2 months in, one set of four LED ceiling lights went out, and refused to come on unless switch set to 100% brightness. To drop brightness down 10% at a time results in odd combo of on/off state between those four lights, and is not correctly dimming them to the proper percentage besides. (I have six kitchen lights divided between two switches. Alexa can treat them as a group, and both switches can still respond in unison, but the dimming is clearly broken on one of the two switches.) Again, the switch is on the lights will not come on unless the brightness is set to 100%. Tomorrow, who knows. 100% might not even be good enough. ;(

Bepps wrote

I have 2 HS220 switches that was insanely 4 months ago, recently, they both have been turning themselves off and back on when the lights are on. Not sure what's going on since they worked flawlessly for about three months, the firmware is updated. Not sure what is going on with them... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 273

Replies: 4

Related Articles