KS220M not connecting to Server but shows up as added device when I connect to its wifi

KS220M not connecting to Server but shows up as added device when I connect to its wifi

2023-12-29 21:31:32
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello I just bought an installed Kasa smart motion sensor. 

It's been failing to connect for the longest time, but some how it showed up on my list of device after I connect to the dedicaated wifi (TP-LINK_SmartDimmer_6E43) 

I can control it perfectly fine remotely when i'm connected to that wifi, but as soon as I get off, it goes offline. 

I have tried resetting, restarting, all leads me to having that same device added back but not connected to the internet. what am i doing wrong?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS220M not connecting to Server but shows up as added device when I connect to its wifi
2023-12-30 22:32:47
I have this same problem. I have multiple other Kasa devices including lightbulbs, cameras, and outlets. The physical wiring installation was very easy, but I cannot connect to the motion sensor switch to configure the WiFi network.
Options
Re:KS220M not connecting to Server but shows up as added device when I connect to its wifi
2024-01-08 22:00:51
have you figured it out? I still haven't and tplink support isn't much help
Options