"This Device is no longer associated with its previous account" unable to get past message

"This Device is no longer associated with its previous account" unable to get past message

2024-01-07 01:04:49
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: idk

I've been trying to get my camera setup at my new place and no matter how many times I reset this thing and try to reset it up it gives me this error. One attempt I was able to get it to setup and I could see myself through the camera on the app and when I unplugged it and moved it to its permanent home I get this error again without any changes other than moving it. 

I also can't seem to delete any devices from my account? I will remove them and they disappear for a few seconds then show back up. What is going on with my account / setup? 

Is the app trash again? 

Options
6 Reply
Re:"This Device is no longer associated with its previous account" unable to get past message
2024-01-10 18:30:37

@Fayko I get this too!

Very annoying.  I found if I keep selecting the camera and hitting okay on the message, I eventually get to see it.  But not always.

Options
Re:"This Device is no longer associated with its previous account" unable to get past message
2024-03-07 18:35:55

@Fayko 

got this message on 5 cameras today. Now they have all dropped off my app. I cannot see any of them. Did anyone find out what is going on?

Options
2024-03-08 15:31:43

@Clffhnger I found I had to reinstall the KASA app on my phone.  Once I did that, I stopped getting the messages on my Tapo app and I can see the camara's on both apps now without the message.

Options
2024-03-09 04:46:18

@Clffhnger I wasn't able to fix it I just gave up tbh. I tried removing everything and redoing the setup and it was still doing the same.

Options
2024-03-13 00:58:14

@Rapidswimmer 

Same BS for me. Everything seemed to be controlled by Tapo so I dropped Kasa so I could manage the new and old cameras just with one app. Nope. Had to reinstall Kasa - weirdly though, 1 of the old cameras still came through to Tapo without Kasa installed just fine. No idea why the others didn't. 

Options
2024-03-13 01:00:32

@Shoitaan I had one camera stay on too. So weird. Eventually all other cameras magically reappeard and all work fine. 

Options