Extender configuration worked great and extnder works great also, but ...

2024-02-02 12:34:31
Tags: #OneMesh #Client VLAN

HI,

Paired a RE815XE  with a BE Archer 805.  Bought the 805 for the client vpn feature.  Set up client vpn and assigned devices to it.  I am unable to assign any device that is a client of RE815XE  extender. 

Is there a way around this:

Mark Luna

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extender configuration worked great and extnder works great also, but ...
2024-02-04 10:26:29

@mluna20 

Hi, the RE815XE is connected wirelessly to the Archer BE805 and they form a OneMesh network, right?

Is there any error message when you add extender client device as VPN Client device on the router? or they just don't show up as an option at all?

In addition, what is the hardware and firmware version of your RE815XE and Archer BE805?

After confirming the above information, I would like to escalate your case to our senior engineer for debugging.

Looking forward to your reply.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-04 15:46:14

@mluna20 

Well, I'm about to return it.  The firmware and software is whatever you get with auto update.

The basic problem is that devices connected to the extender cannot be added to the client VLAN.  They don't show up the router interface, and the tender interface does not have that feature.

Mark Luna

Options
2024-02-05 08:42:21

@mluna20 

Hi, if you still would like one last try for the Archer BE805 and RE815XE, I could escalate your case to our senior engineer for debugging via email, please confirm.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options