New place, EP10 Plugs stuck on connect when trying to setup.

2024-02-22 02:08:40
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Howdy folks, could use some help.

Long story short, I just moved to a new place and Im trying to set up the glory that is my Kasa smart plugs. Ive literally used these plugs since about 2021/2022 with hardly no issues in multiple other locations. Now I've gone to try to add my plugs in the last week and they just NEVER work. 

I go to add device, it says to manually connect to the Smart plug's network (I don't remember this EVER being required in the past and the app typically found the network and did this itself, instead of me having to directly choose it), I then connect to it (the TP Link Smart Plug***)and it loads and loads and then doesnt work.

I already reset my router :its a TPLink AX21/AX1800 of all types of routers for God's sakes:last night and disabled the smart connect and 5g radio so it'd only be on 2.4. My app is up to date. Im on a droid thats up to date. Manually reset the plugs several times to factory settings and never a dang thing. I'm not on a VPN or anything. Ive set up this devices MULTIPLE times in the last couple years.

I also saw maybe the encryption could be an issue and to confirm it at WPA-PSK, but the router only allows for WPA-PSK (AES)....and Im not sure why TPlink would create a router that can't work with their own tech?

This has just been extremely frustrating to deal with.

Does anyone have a VIABLE answer here possibly?

Options