Lights go up and down when switch turned on

2024-02-27 02:16:49
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.11

When I turn the switch on the intensity goes up and down until I go to the switch and change manually.  This just started last week.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lights go up and down when switch turned on
2024-02-27 19:45:25

@trojanfan,

Hmm, are you turning these devices on via the Kasa App?

You should first consider checking that you have no automations or smart actions set for the device - It sounds as though two automations may be fighting each other.

I would also highly recommend resetting the device to factory defaults and reconfiguring the device. This will help to locate the source of the behavior.

Does the lighting cycle continuously or only once or twice?

What type of fixture and bulb is being controlled? Is the bulb smart and going through a startup mode?

In the Kasa App, can you see the brightness of the switch changing?

If you use our integrations with third-party platforms, double-check any routing or automation that you have previously set. It is possible the device was added to a group by those platforms, so the device is now falling under the umbrella of a previously made automation.

The behavior does sound similar to the test done for Brightness Calibration in the app; you may consider performing the dimming calibration and test to make sure it is properly completed and configured.

Options