Camera Control App for windows

2024-03-21 20:59:49

Does TP-Link have any app I can use to view all my cameras on my windows based computer? I do not not have or pay for cload storage. Just want to be able to view and control my cameras on my laptop or windows computer. I currently have two TP-Link cameras and one Kasa pan tilt camera. C100, C211,KC115. If not is there a third party app that will work with TP-Link cameras to monitor and operate the pan and tilt cameras?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Camera Control App for windows
2024-03-22 22:22:29

Hey @Sgerber,

Kasa cameras were largely built with security at the forefront of the developer's minds, so the only way to see the Kasa Camera feeds is through the Kasa App. Newer Tapo cameras have an added feature allowing you to enable RTSP or ONVIF, which would allow you to view the videos stream across your network (after logging in, of course).

Right now, we have no official support for Kasa on Windows. Other platforms that could do this will likely request more account details than you likely want to give out, and we cannot guarantee the security of these services if one is found.

We have seen an increase in requests for a Windows Compatible experience, so I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the team.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Camera Control App for windows
2024-04-19 22:26:36

@Riley_S  When I bought the c420s camera I assumed there would be an app for windows. Without this app, what you have is a camera that only works with a smartphone. It'is a bad assumption you guys made that everybody uses a smartphone. So....you're pretty well screwed w/o one. I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASE THIS HAD i KNOWN!! I don't blame you for not advertising the lack of an app for windows. Your customer base would surely shrink....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 2

Related Articles