AX10000 - Port Forwarding / DMZ - Perforce Dedicated Server

2024-04-09 20:14:47 - last edited 2024-04-09 20:16:07
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.6 Build 20230907 rel.65510(5553)

I am attempting to setup a dedicated server to run Perforce for project source control and I need to open port 1666.  I've already setup DDNS & Address Reservation for the machine IP/MAC, enabled DMZ for the machine IP, as well as Port Forwarding and Enabled respond to pings from WAN.  Using Windows 10 with the Firewall completely disabled, I've used the PowerShell command 'test-netconnection <IP> -port:1666' to determine that the pingSucceeded is True, while the TcpTestSucceeded is False.  I'm truly stumped as to what else to do. Can anyone assist?

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX10000 - Port Forwarding / DMZ - Perforce Dedicated Server
2024-04-09 23:08:10

@deadready 

Do not if you done this or if it will help, but be sure to power cycle the router after the router changes as that messed me up setting up my camera NVR with port forwarding. 

Options
2024-04-10 01:55:54

@deadready

If you need only port 1666 opened, there's no need to expose all ports (via DMZ) to internet.

Ping your registered DDNS name and remember the IP address resolved.

This IP address should match the AX10000 WAN (Internet) port IP address.

If they are different then you're behind double NAT or CG-NAT and that's the reason for your issue.

When testing if port 1666 is open make sure that you're connected to an external network (via cellular network for example).

There's one more reason for a port reporting as closed - a lack of active service on that port - make sure your software is properly configured.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-10 14:27:50

@ArcherC8 Thanks for the suggestion.  I've power-cycled the router, and have also contacted my ISP for additional assistance.  They couldn't really do anything for me, yet I was informed that they do not restrict any ports, so at least I know they're not getting in the way with opening a port... seems like it's boiling down to the router and it's many features preventing the port from opening.  I've set rules in Windows Defender on the machine designated as the server to allow both incoming & outgoing on the port I'm trying to open.  The ping is successful but the TCP connect fails every time.  I'm also using portchecktool. com to test if the port is open, as well as Windows PowerShell 'test-netconnection <ip> -port:1666' command line.  I'm not sure what else to do at this point. :(

Options
2024-04-10 14:36:23

@terziyski Thank you for your suggestion.  I have not heard of this before. 
Yesterday, my DDNS name did match the resolved IP address, but today it does not
I communicated with my ISP last night and they reset my IP, so now the DDNS and public IP does not match. 

So you're saying if they do not match, I'm now behind NAT or CG-NAT?  Any suggestions for how to resolve if that is the issue?

So, to test from outside the network, tell me if my thinking here is correct: disconnect my cellular phone from the network, then use it as a hotspot for my laptop to gain internet access, then try to ping from there? (sorry if that doesn't sound logical)  Thanks again!!

Options
2024-04-10 19:22:03

@deadready 

Let me put it this way:

If your public IP address doesn't match the AX10000 WAN(Internet) IP address then you are behind double NAT:

bdb5607b16a749e480718ca5c020f139

As for the external network test - yes, that's exactly what I've meant.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 133

Replies: 5

Related Articles