BE65 RJ45 Ports Stopped Working

2024-07-07 04:29:49
Tags: #Bad Port
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

2 or the 4 RJ45 ports on the back of my main device have stopped working. I was troubleshooting why my internet was out on a couple of devices and it turns out to be the top two ports, just stopped working. The other two are still working. I plugged a laptop directly into them to verify and neither is working. 

Since I was using all 4 ports to try and take advantage of the 2.5 ports on my network, I now have to rethink how I have everything plugged in and working. I need to swap out this bad device for one of the other two (providing the 4 ports on them are all working still) so I have 4 ports available or I will have to use a 1 GB switch I have lying around, until I can buy another 2.5GB switch. I am not using all 4 ports on the other two satellite devices at this time so only having 2 should work for now. 

Has anyone else seen this happen? These are only a couple of months old. I have never had a port go out on any router before and I have used a bunch of routers in the past.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:BE65 RJ45 Ports Stopped Working
2024-07-08 01:29:59

@Sandman1763 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I have seen similar feedback on Deco XE75 before but never on Deco BE products.

If you don't mind, I'd like to follow up on your case via email and ask the senior engineer for more help.

Please check later whether you can receive my email.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 172

Replies: 1

Tags

Bad Port
Related Articles