Issues with deco be16000

Issues with deco be16000

Issues with deco be16000
Issues with deco be16000
2024-07-10 22:37:50 - last edited 2024-07-10 22:55:24
Model: Deco BE16000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20240327 Rel. 69426

The only thing I like about this one is that when it works, it's fast. I can max my 1gb internet speed with ATT fiber. But this isn't stable. There are issues and never experienced that with the netgear orbi i had.

Issue 1:

All our phones, Iphone pro 15 max , 14 pro max, Samsung phones) would randomly disconnect. Forgetting wifi and reconnecting fixes it but then it will disconnect after a few mins. 

Issue 2:

IOT devices won't maintain stable connection. For example, pinging my ratgdo (garage door controller) would drop packets like crazy. Never had that issue with the netgear.

I have already set static IP, set the preference so it would connect to the closest deco using 2.4ghz band. Sometimes, I can ping the ratgdo but on the deco phone app, it shows up offline. lol

Issue 3: 

ATT modem is set to passthrough IP. I have services that run on my unraid server, I access them using reverse proxy, ie homeassistant, immich, and so on. They work fine but sometimes, they would stop working. And when I try to ping my IP or dns i linked to those services, it just tmies out. Rebooting the modem and router fixes it. After a few hours/days, it would stop working again. Never had to do that with my orbi. Had it running for like 2-3 years, w/o restarting and no issues. So it's definitely the deco.

Issue 4: 

When running speedtest on speedtest dot net, as soon as click Go, it would take about 20-30 secs before it actually does something. Never had that issue before with the Orbi. Ping does show 6ms but man, there shouldn't be any lag at all. 1-2 sec lag should be fine but 20-30 secs... i don't know about that.

So yea, this affects browsing. When I try to go browse a website, it takes a while for website to load but once it's loaded it's fast. 

Speed on the orbi was ok, not fast but it was stable. The deco, it's fast but there's too many issues. 

Anybody has experienced similar issues? If so, what did you do to fix it? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Issues with deco be16000
2024-07-11 01:54:50 - last edited 2024-07-11 02:01:02

@peekeesh 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I noticed you also sent a support email to us so I would like to forward your case to the senior engineer for further assistance directly via email.

By the way, may I know how the Deco BE16000 units are connected together, via WiFi or Ethernet cables instead?

How many online clients you have connected to the Deco BE16000 Mesh system?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-11 05:10:53

@David-TP 

I replied to your e-mail.

Also, decos are connected together via wifi.

App says there are 44 clients but then again, i don't think it's accurate. I'm currently pinging one device that's connected and it's showing offline in the deco app.

Options
2024-07-25 20:25:01

@peekeesh 

My 2.4 ghz is not connecting to the internet. I can connect to the wifi but the wifi does not connect to the internet. I have a 3d printer that uses only 2.4 ghz so I am unable to access it to load programs or watch build. I also have other 2.4hz only devices that require internet access.

Options
2024-07-25 21:16:31

@Bloss you probably need to reach out to tplink support. they contacted me after posting this.

Anyway, they had me try a different firmware. So far it works but I still get the random disconnects. I haven't experienced any of this with the Netgear Orbi router. I'm not sure if I just got a bad unit or not.  I'm happy when it works as it's fast but the issues are ruining the experience. Their support is good though. 

Options