View Ports seem to Change over time.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 20:14:14
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.6

My cameras seem to be changing their defined view port. The changes are slow, in that they only appear after several days of set up, however the longer I leave them alone, the more off the view port is. As a result, the activity zones are not looking where they should because the camea is no longer looking where it was originally defined to.

Is this a known issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:View Ports seem to Change over time.
2021-12-08 03:10:30 - last edited 2021-12-08 03:10:41

Hello @Jason_T 

Please check if set up Motion Tracking on camera, if the feature is enabled, camera will track the activity until camera could not capture the activity. 

KC410S(US)_V1.8_User Guide Page22

You may turn that off and see if that may any difference. 

If same issue happens, may I know how did you find out view points changes, can you share some photos explaining that like the view points location, and camera actual view point. Thank you.

Options
Re:View Ports seem to Change over time.
2021-12-08 14:25:58

@Solla-topee 

Yes, motion tracking is on, but shouldn't the camera reset to it's view port position after the event is over? Tracking is why I opted for a pan and tilt camera to begin with. I have a camera at the top of a stairwell which follows which direction a person goes after comming up.

I notice that the view port is off when I open the app and see that the camera is not positioned like it was before. When I click on the view port icon, above the live image, it doesn't go back to where it was originally defined and I have to reset it.

It's not a big deal so far. It doesn't seem to change by much, just seemed kind of weird and was wondering if anyone esle had seen this issue.

Options